The headline isn’t because I’m a Bella hater. Nikki’s a heck of a performer who should be able to help Raw Women’s champ Ronda Rousey to one of the best matches of her young pro wrestling career. Instead of going the noble-yet-lazy respectful challenge route they went to set up Rowdy’s match with Nia Jax, WWE actually generated some heat with a well executed turn for the Fearless One on Raw this past Monday (Oct. 8). And of course, I’m not ignorant to the drawing power of Rousey/Bella, or the long-term importance of both women to the company’s marketing plans.
But Charlotte Flair is just as central to those plans, they should be writing Becky Lynch into them if she wasn’t there already, their former friends story has more weight and the SmackDown Women’s title match will just be better than Ronda & Nikki’s Raw one.
Plus, it’s got a (well earned) Last Woman Standing stip! Don’t make someone follow that emotional payoff!
Let us know what you think. Here’s the match card for Evolution on Oct. 28 in Long Island as it currently stands (without spoilers):
- Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch (c) in a Last Woman Standing match for the SmackDown Women’s championship
- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Nikki Bella for the Raw Women’s title
- Shayna Baszler vs. Kairi Sane (c) for the NXT Women’s championship
- Trish Stratus & Lita vs. Alexa Bliss & Mickie James
- The finals of the 2018 Mae Young Classic
- NXT UK Women’s title match
Article Originally Posted By Sean Rueter At Cageside Seats – All Posts
Note: Turnt Sports News is a syndicated sporting news service. We own neither the images nor the content posted in these articles. If you’d like something removed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.