Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- During a discussion on PW Insider Elite Audio, Dave Scherer claimed Vince McMahon isn’t using Asuka on television because “she doesn’t speak good English”.
- The decision to turn Bobby Lashley heel was made in the hours leading up to this week’s Raw, according to Wrestling Observer. It was at least partly based on the brand’s need for heels, especially with Kevin Owens’ injury.
- The Observer also notes that Vince McMahon was feeding Lio Rush his lines during the segment via Rush’s earpiece, a sign the Chairman’s taken a personal interest in their act.
- There’s again talk women’s tag titles could be introduced at Evolution. Barnburner says Stephanie McMahon’s role on the show will be to unveil them.
- WWE has downplayed Steph’s initial promise of “more than 50 women” at Evolution, notes Wrestling Observer. They say the original plan of having every active female NXT Superstar at the show might not happen.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!
Article Originally Posted By Randall Ortman At Cageside Seats – All Posts
Note: Turnt Sports News is a syndicated sporting news service. We own neither the images nor the content posted in these articles. If you’d like something removed, please email us at email@example.com.